Tracing underground water pipe

rough plan _____________________ ___________s__________ pavement | | | | ___ |___ | front gdns | | | | | mine

we'll have to see what they want, the notes say to cap at the join with the other pipe to avoid dead legs and stagnant water, i'm hoping they'll put me a stop valve in at the end of my drive but they might not go there as that would mean digging up the road but when I remove my lead pipe they have to remove theirs so you never know Maybe they'll let me keep it for an out side tap ?

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

If the aim of the exercise is to isolate your incoming mains, it might be more sensible to hire a freezer and fit a stopcock in your property. You can also, I believe, isolate MDPE plastic by squashing it with a clamp. I think you can only do this once at one point. I haven't dome it, so you'll have to research the manufacturers' web sites (Durapipe, Georg Fischer) or pick the water suppliers' collective brains.

Reply to
Aidan

By all accounts it would be hard for .ie supplies to be worse than those in some .uk regions. However I meant that on your side of the luminous green pond your water suppliers may not have the same responsibilities for maintaining your stopcock that they do here.

Reply to
John Stumbles

The water is the conductor, not the plastic. Best method is using magnetic resonance.

And yes - it's for real.

Reply to
Mike

Why "short of divining"? It's easy and actually works.

Errrm. If it does you could win $1,000,000.

one of those CAT scanners from a hire shop work? They are designed to stop JCB operators accidentally digging up water pipes.

Dave

Reply to
Magician