Tox Driver Set

All:

Can anyone recommend a good quality Torx driver set (manufacturer) mainly for use for dismembering hard drives?

I procured a set via the web and and almost all of the screws on the first use took the corners off the driver.

TIA JonH

Reply to
JonH

Wiha and Wera are two quality names to look out for.

Reply to
dom

- T7~T20 - Good for disk drives unless maybe you're dismantling them to individual parts.

- T4~T9 - Good for mobile phones and iPods, etc.

This set is probably OK as long as you don't expect too much of it:

it has the perfect range of T5~T15 and proper ergonomic handles.

Steer clear of Duratool from CPC.

HTH

Reply to
Dave Osborne

I found these sets from Maplins, designed for phone dismantling , have a very good feel:

(I expect you can get them cheaper elsewhere, but quite often this sort of thing ends up in the bargain bin in the shops themselves.)

Not sure if the sizes are exactly the same as some hard drive ones, but there will be many similar kits.

Spamlet

I have some Wiha ones, and they are excellent. I got the first lot because I wanted tiny ones for mobile phone disassembly.

Reply to
Bob Eager