; TOT; Piggin passwords

I have (roughly) a dozen "important" passwords[1] & they are all reasonably "strong".

You aren't really suggesting that I can hold all of them in memory & do the necessary juggling each & every time I need access?

[1] I haven't attempted to count the other passwords, but it's well over 30.
Reply to
Sam Plusnet

You press the scanner so that leaves a finger print on the button. All you need now is to be able to lift that print and put it on a skin analogue and you can get in. There was a mythbusters episode where they were breaking finger print readers if you want to look for it.

Reply to
dennis

Not with an iphone. The sandbox system means that none of them have any access to anything you don?t allow them access to.

Reply to
Blanco

And its completely trivial for the sensor to check if it?s a live finger.

Reply to
Blanco

... and when you install them they ask for access to all sorts of things and you have to say yes or they don't work.

Reply to
cl

Some things will work but woith reduced functinality, such as maps. if you don;t allow it to access yuour GPS it might not know where you are and will therefor not be able to direct you. But you can still use the map function just like one would with the old style A-Z.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Very few ask for access to much at all and it is normally what that app needs to have access to to do what its there for, like the photos or your location. And you know what it is allowed to have access to and that isnt stuff like your password manager's encrypted database.

That is just plain wrong. With quite a bit of stuff like you location, if you don?t want to have your photos stamped with your location when you took them, they will still work fine for example.

And they have no access to any stuff you don?t want them to have access to like the files other apps produce if you don?t want the app to have access to those files.

Reply to
Blanco