TOT: north-facing PVs

Can anyone beat this?

the pic was taken in the dark. I've left the exif info on it though, in case anyone wants it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Loads of stuff on UK.d-i-y recently about the merits of PV's in general and the effect of orientation on performance.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I'm musing for a long bore hole in my garden, pump collected rain water down it, and do something with the superheated water returned. Drive a turbine?

Now the questions,

1) How deep do I need to drill London clay, 2) Are there grants available for this, 3) Do I own prospecting rights under my feet, 4) What happens if I find oil or gas on the way down, 5) Will my insurance cover my house if I cause sibsidence / earth tremors?, 6) How much noise will the drill make? 7) What about Hydrogen Sulphide smells and Radioactive Radon Gas? 8) Will my neighbours praise, envy or lynch me? 9) Can I sell the electricity generated? 10) Will they drag me away screaming into an unmarked police van before I get started?
Reply to
Adrian C

Reply to
Rick

Is that where the Newcastle Brewery used to be?

Reply to
alexander.keys1

In fact they would probably have a borehole to obtain water for brewing, mind they must have used more water than necessary judging by their draught beers... LOL!!!! Although Theakston's beers were always fine when they owned them, AFAIK a lot of Theakston's was brewed at Newcastle.

Reply to
alexander.keys1

So buy Black Sheep.

Andy