TOT: mugs

If you are really unlucky, or lucky depending on your point of view. Araldite is better, but to be honest, mugs are so cheap, best not to bother. When I saw a thread on Mugs, I immediately thought of the people who fall for all the scams under the sun, many of these are manufactured by human beings, and educated by other mugs. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

The firing regime can be just a light one first, I always found handles attached here wre rock solid, but tended to crack if the first firing was done with them glued on. No I have no technical reason, maybe I was just bad at attaching handles... grin

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Apart from that appointment with the rabbi...

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Pugmill, usually shortened to just pug, and the extrusion process would be known as 'pugging'. But in the big pottery factories like Wedgwood or Doulton, they'd use a de-airing pug. This would be a two-stage affair, with a vacuum chamber between the two stages.

A picture of a small de-airing pugmill here,

suitable for a school or a small studio pottery, but in the big factories they were very much bigger, and often there would be two extruding sections offset, with the vacuum chamber between, something like this

Chris Hogg

Google spoils many an interesting discussion.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

It doesn't always work though. I tried to stick two planks together using plywood and it didn't work at all.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

You probably forgot to moisten the plywood with chaffinch spit first...

(oh and sometimes it helps to temporarily clamp it by driving half a dozen 6" nails through the joint)

Reply to
John Rumm

Unfired pots that have their handles fixed on with clay slip get fired afterwards. I bet he didn't do that...

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Or teach use of Google ....

Reply to
Jimk

No shit! :-D

Reply to
Jimk

Ooh hypocrisy by Reverend D i m ?!

Reply to
Jimk

Amazing isn't it? Some on here appear to seek attention or get their kicks getting others to do their bidding... like you have done :-D

Reply to
Jimk

Its all relative shurely...

Reply to