TOT Coconut water and legal and general

2 mild rants

Today I purchased a can of 100% pure coconut water. I recommend it if you prefer the taste of stagnant ditch water. It also had a somewhat overpowering unpleasant smell.

Today I received my annual summary of investments (ISAs) from Legal and General. Previously this has occupied 3 off A4 pages, one of which was the covering letter. This time it's a new format in the form of a 24 page A4 booklet with the information presented in child like pages in coloured crayon. I exaggerate slightly but they seem to have neglected to cater for those who may have sight problems where black text on a white background may have been a lot better - for all of us! I'll bet that they spent £1000s on consultancy fees dreaming up this new "cool" way of presenting information. At least they have given a feedback email address requesting customers respond to the new format.

Reply to
alan_m

Why?

What's it supposed to taste and smell of?

Reply to
Max Demian

I like it - most refreshing.

Must be a "cabbage" thing.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I like cabbage, spouts etc. but this tasted and smelt much like what you would get if you boil cabbages to death and drain off the water to drink.

Reply to
alan_m

You might have had a bad can.

I am not a fan of coconut water, but I have drink it out of the odd coconut and whilst its a bit insipid, its not unpleasant, normally.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh yes been here before. Not just them, it seems to be atrend and the web sites are no better either. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I don't mind it if it's out of the coconut, but the canned stuff always tates and smells hideous to me, and I've tried loads of brands. Strange.

Reply to
harpingon

Possibly they put something in it as a preservative,that you can taste but most cannot.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Are you sure it was intended for consumption and you didn't mistakenly pick up a shampoo. It's difficult to tell them and the fancy drinks apart by the labels alone with so many "flavours".

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Coconut water comes from unripe green coconuts, which I doubt you've seen. Normal coconuts have coconut milk.

Reply to
Dave W

No. Although I agree that it is different depending on the state of the coconut.

'Normal' coconuts still have 'coconut water'.

Coconut milk is what happens when you blend the *meat* *and* the water of a ripe coconut and is entirely different.

The Natural Philosopher

Coconut milk is the ground up white coconut flesh.

Reply to
alan_m

added the the coconuts water...

Reply to