Sealant in a tube rather than needing a 'gun'

I often need small amounts of sealant for which the standard sealant 'gun' and 300ml tube is too big and too clumsy.

I've looked a bit but I can't seem to find sealant in a tube like a tube of glue, is there no such thing or is it just my poor searching? I'm not *too* fussed about the type of sealant, ideally something akin to Geocel's "The Works" but for many of the things I use this for just plain silicone would be fine.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Chris Green

Have you looked in the likes of Halfords? Small tubes for sealing car windscreens, etc? Probably at 10 times the priced per volume as Screwfix.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Poundland do little squeezy tubes of silicone. I bet amazon & ebay have plenty too.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Search Ebay for instant gasket etc. Often just a silicon sealant in a small tube for 4 quid (some sellers will charge a tenner for similar).

It's more cost effective to buy a 300ml tube for a small job and after keeping the now opened tube for a few months, where it still may be usable, chuck it.

Reply to
alan_m

The Other Mike

It's not the cost really, it's just that the 300ml + gun is far too clumsy to squirt sealant where I want it.

Reply to
Chris Green

Just about exactly what i'm looking for, brilliant, thanks!

Reply to
Chris Green

What about this as an idea ? and I?ve just tried it and it works

Buy some syringes that are listed on Ebay for the refilling of ink cartridges. I had some 10ml items handy but they can come larger. (£2.50 for 10 from Hong Kong - more expensive from UK sellers)

Using a 300ml and traditional gun transfer 10ml of sealant from the large tube to the syringe. Discard the needle on the syringe (if it comes with one) and use the syringe as a miniature gun.

(3 photos)

You may be able to seal the end of the syringe with a piece of food plastic bag and an elastic band or maybe the syringe has to be a one of throw away item. You may be able to use the needle and it?s protective cap as a stopper to prevent the sealant at the end solidifying. Fill the nozzle of the 300ml tube as a plug and screw it tightly onto the 300ml tube and you should be able to reuse it for months.

Reply to
alan_m

No needels, cheap.

Reply to