TOT: Branston pickle

They may well be intending to open a new factory in China to undercut all of the above so you cannot restrict the comparison to existing plants. .

Reply to
Scott

He's an idiot.

Reply to
Richard

There is no need to give the actual wages. The decision will have been made on the cost of re-tooling and modernising the present production facility to COMPETE with the emerging economies. The wages of locals will be a major part of that. Cheaper to shut it down.

That's what happens in the real world. This site was once a world leader in the production of SBR.

Most recent satellite view of site:

Care to explain where the Ford transit production from Southampton went and why? Most recent satellite view of site:

Brexit - not.

Reply to
Richard

Do you think that with robotic production, labour will become a lesser consideration and that, plus concerns about intellectual property rights could lead to a move towards 'reshoring'?

Reply to
Scott

Unlikely IMO. Hasn't happened with Apple etc.

Reply to
Aaron

Ah - right. So in your brave new world after Brexit, you'll be looking to cut UK wages so it can compete with 'emerging economies'?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Again, luv, you pull words out your arse and try to make them mine. I was just telling you how it all works in the *real* world. Your failure to comprehend is one of your finer attributes.

Reply to
Richard

I concur. Only have to look at Dyson. It is all about the margins.

Reply to
Richard

Well spotted.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Thank you, sir!

Reply to
Richard

Whatever they are, interesting that Dyson has won it's vacuum cleaner case.

who;d have though that a line such as the=is belwo would ever appear in ' print'

and it only took 4 years.

"Certainly the court has concluded that the EU legislation was faulty"

Lets see surely all EU countries agreed .....

Reply to
whisky-dave

Oh, I know how the real world works, thanks. If only you Brexit dreamers did.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The closure of the three plants covered in this thread are nothing to do with Brexit. I know you have comprehension difficulties, you know, the difference between your car and a bus. Apparently a fine hasn't improved your concentration one iota.

Reply to
Richard

No - but is the usual bunch of Brexiteers who come up with the explanations. Like UK costs being too high in one breath, but Brexit going to push up wages...

Not been fined. That must make you very sad.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The costs become too high, big business relocates. I have never said Brexit will push up wages.

Whined your way out of it then. Well done, or rather you should be.

Reply to
Richard

Err, the EU used UK contributions to pay Ford to move Transit production to Turkey, probably with a bit of German arm-twisting too.

Reply to
Andrew