TOT: be kind to your children

So it is. And most folk apply a sense of low value.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Thanks for reminding me of my impending descent into dotage Bill.

Having now got more years on the clock than I clearly have left, and having gone through what you've described with deceased parents it does make you wonder just what it's all about.

Perhaps going senile in old age is the ideal escape.

Clem

Reply to
Clem Dye

Sudden unexpected painless death would be OK.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

On Monday, September 17, 2012 5:34:52 PM UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote: big snip

Reader's digest pays for that sort of writing

NT

Reply to
meow2222

"I want to die in bed, at the age of 95. Shot by a jealous husband"

Anyone know who first said it?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Been through that with the mother-in-law, fortunately she had just moved house six months before or it might have taken several more months than it did!

Worse than that is moving in to a house where the family of the deceased has not bothered to clear it out properly. OK, there were some useful tools (all 'Made in England') in the garage, but there were enough planks and wood in the loft to last through several nuclear winters. If anyone wants it I still have an 'Acme' clothes wringer I found unused and still in its original box.

Zimmy

Did you need to quote the whole message of 220 odd lines to add ten of your own?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

He added more useful information than you did. Dial Up pedants are a thing of the past.

Anyway the 220 lines he quoted were written by me, and as such were well worth repeating.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Not when you have to scroll down the whole thing to see his fine contribution. Anyway, how do you know I'm not on some slow connection? I easily could be, out at the back of beyond, accessing this through the last dying rays of a fecked cell mast.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Learn to snip you goblok

Reply to
geoff

In message , snipped-for-privacy@X.X writes

And you added f*ck all and have never posted ANYTHING useful AFAICS

Reply to
geoff

I didn't *need* to do anything, Thunderbird automatically quoted it. To be honest, I didn't even think of snipping it. I recommend getting a mouse with a fast scroll wheel. With that, scrolling doesn't bother me at all, but neither does top or bottom quoting for that matter.

If you can't be bothered scrolling, then don't, just close the window and move on to the next 'short' message.

Zimmy

The 90's just called, they want their modem/lo-res screen/crappy mouse back. Learn to scroll.

Zimmy

It's surprising how many people don't. Presumably they don't get fed up when others do the same.

Oh dear. "If you don't like the way I do it, then don't bother to read it".

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Scrolling is *so* last century. Get a smart /iThing and learn to snip

Reply to
JTM

But I can scroll even faster with an iThing! Just a few flicks of the finger. :-)

Zimmy

Oh, so that's all right then.

Reply to
Huge

Fuckwits who don't know how to trim a reply.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Yes, but when you do you miss the bit where someone has added a comment in the middle.

Besides, it's kind to Brian.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ