tool hire...

in Mid Glamorgan on a Sunday ???

can't find anyone open today !!!

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

In message , in2minds writes

Buy, buy, buy, It'll be cheaper in the long run

Reply to
raden

Sometimes its even cheaper in the short run!

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

except for big ladders and their storage issues :-)

RT

Reply to
R Taylor

Really ?

I needed a ladder earlier in the year

£50 to rent for a day ! £175 to buy a decent 3 piece trade ladder

I do have somewhere to store it and, thanks to John Jessop, who sold me a roof rack, a means of transporting it

Reply to
raden

Some of these tool rental prices do strike me as a piss take. Some are reasonable, but sometimes its cheaper to buy a new cheapie tool than rent for even just one day, and you get far more use out of it. I think I fundamentally dislike renting tools, and will always try to avoid doing it.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

what a rip off. I just hired an 8.2m double for 2 days, £17.63 including VAT and £6 delivery / collection.

and no storage problems.

RT

Reply to
R Taylor

Very much depends on the company. Places like HSS take the pee with some of their prices. Shop around and you can find some cheaper places but sometimes at the expense of receiving a tool which is unfit for it's purpose. Having been truly ripped off by the last company I hired from (the guy charged over twice the original prices quoted!) I'm happier buying everything. You can always sell it on as well.

Reply to
StealthUK