Too much spare time :) ?

Our bungalow has an electric shower fed by about 10ft of piping in the loft.
I found myself idly wondering just now if I ran the shower without any heating, and took the output temperature, and also measured the loft temperature (which I dread to think !) if I'd get some sort of handle on how efficient the pipe insulation is ?
Presumably another reading of the temperature of the water out of the mains would add something ?
I normally get a burst of warm water then cold. Brian
--
----- --
Jethro_uk was thinking very hard :

Why not just put a wireless temperature sensor in the loft space?
How close to the loft space temperature that water gets, will depend on how good the pipe insulation is and how long it remains static up there.
On 23/07/2018 13:18, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Or even a cheapo one with a sensor on the end of a 3 mtre wire (was cheap at Maplins RIP). The previous wireless one failed once the CR2032 battery went flat and then refused to talk to base with a new battery.
My loft is 44 centigrade in this weather.
On 23/07/2018 11:35, Jethro_uk wrote:

I have a wireless temperature sensor in the loft (above the insulation) and the temperature has been hovering at around 40C during the day for the past weeks and not getting much below 30C during the night. Red coloured concrete tiled roof and the front of the house facing west.
The rest of the house (single brick solid wall construction) is currently around 28C with all windows and doors open.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk