Victorian, 80's or 21st Century heating?

Thankyou all!

Let me try and explain some of my "mad proffesor" logic - rightly or wrongly

Efficiency

- the target temp is a room air temp of 19oC - 21oC

- i'd assumed (ASS of U and Me) that the more of the waste heat (the return boiler tempurature) used, the more efficient the boiler?

Boiler Size Put it in myself 6 years ago - 95btu combi - way obversized for heating a 2 bed bungalow - but I wanted to fill a bath! Other than the quality of the thing, I have no complaints - a combi fan!

Insulation

200mm Loft - no walll - new extension will be to building regs

"Hydrotherm Hydropulse boiler" wow! sounds like some body enema device!

Can I "please" rephrase my question

What would you do?

Reply to
Cameron

have another glass of wine.

ds549

Heat will alway seek out the cooler areas and try to reach equilibrium. The higher the differential, the faster the heat will move. The air will absorb heat from the radiators and once the air reaches the temperature set on the thermostat, the circulator turns off. Any heat put into the water is going to be given up in the house. It may be in the feed pipes or return pipes, it may be in the room that you want to heat or another room, but all the heat generated and put to the water will be in the house. Essentially, it is 100% efficient from the water.

While heating the water, some energy is lost up the chimney. If 20% goes up the dhimney, the heater is 80% efficient. With carbon based fuel, products of combustion myst be vented up the chimney so no heater will ever be 100% efficient.

Oversized will cycle shorter time. May be some efficiency loss from constant starting. but toher can better answer that.

Look into putting some in the walls. Major savings to be had.

About what? Oh, heating hte new addition? I'd add some cast iron baseboard.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski