Toiilet won't flush having layed new flooring

I'd be really grateful if someone could help..... I took out my toilet to fit new flooring in the bathroom since replacing the toilet it won't flush properly. When I flush, the water level rises up to the rim in the pan then slowly goes down over a period of a minute or so. There's no vortex. The resting level of the water is now slightly higher. I've noticed that the toilet is now situated a half inch or so higher than previously and the flexible collar fitting it to the soilage pipe is now angled slightly upwards. The toilet is also not entirely horizontal - it's leaning slightly forwards (away from the soilage pipe) - the bubble on the spirit level just touches the black line, and it's also leaning slightly to one side. A half bucket of water tipped into the toilet goes down reasonably quickly but again there's no vortex. Is the problem due to the height of the toilet? I'm loath to cut a hole in the flooring that I spent a day laying. Many thanks in advance for your help with this.

Reply to
Ol

You have answered your own question - put it back as it was ! Sounds like you did a crap job.

Reply to
Brian

Have you changed the flushing mechanism? I had your trouble a couple of weeks back after changing the old siphon for a new-style flapper (leaving the pan untouched). No blockage anywhere, as pulling the pan out confirmed. The only way I could re-create a proper flush was by re-installing the old siphon.

Reply to
rrh

It sounds like an unfortunate co-incidence, and that it's in fact got blocked with something - of you've left something in there when re-fitting! You ought to level the thing, though, a washdown WC won't wash down well unless it's reasonably level.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Or you left behind the rag you used to bung up the soilpipe.

Reply to
dom

Well "done".

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Bog off.

Reply to
Guy King

Could it get any crapper?

Reply to
PeTe33

It might be his first job in that bathroom.

Reply to
Chris Bacon