Lifting laminate

I have some real wood veneer laminate flooring in the kitchen, clickit type (no glue). I have a pipe leak underneath about 1/3 way in. I would seriously appreciate it if anyone had any hints as to the best way to lift the laminate as it certainly is harder to unclick than click it in the first place :). I had planned to remove the floor piece by piece to the leak point (I have photo of all the pipework underneath so pretty much know where that is). But it is proving pretty tough to remove each piece. I can stick with it obviously, but if anyone has worked out good ways of doing this then I am more than willing to learn!!

Reply to
Amos

sink plunger and large paint scraper? Stand on the bits around what you're lifting.

Reply to
Brian

Was it the type where you have to lift the edge into place then lower the board to 'click' or the type where you lay it flat? The former comes up easily if you lift the edge again. If the flat 'click' type you will have trouble. Clamps to hold the piece to be removed might help.

One of the downsides to laminate floors, much as I like them.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yup.

Cant be having to uplift expensive laminate,so...

90% of my piping/wiring is going behind the skirting board which behind that is 1/4" ply for fixing to and the skirting screwed to that in places. Makes life a lot cheaper and simpler should leaks occur. :-)
Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby