Tips For Taping P/Board

I tape/joined the plasterboard in my kitchen years ago pretty successfully and by that I mean the joins can't be seen ... and now and ding the boards on ceiling and walls in my bathroom ....I did buy some powder from B+Q but aprt from it being expensive for the amount you got I cab't say i like it so I went and got what i used in the kitchen.Gyproc ready mixed in a huuuuuge tub. At least i know it's the correct consistency . What's the lowdown on doing this with the minumum of sanding coz that part is messy....Any tips .Should I be looking to do no more than two applications .I am using the sticky fibreglass tape . I'm proposing to use a narrow blade to apply the first lot down the misddle of the join,then apply another lot when the first lot is set then sand .Is that right or is there a better way of doing it ?. any help appreciated thx

Stuart .

Reply to
Stuart

The best way to get really good joints is to use taper edged plasterboard and then scrim the joints and use gyproc joint finish, you get a really nice finish and it is easier to rub down.Using square edge boards involves a bit of a knack in the joint finishing.

ken

Reply to
Ken

Its T/E boards Im using and Gyproc filler

Reply to
Stuart

Is the filler called "Easi-Fill" or similar ? and is this the best for this application, as I have a similar job to do ?

Thanks Nick

Reply to
Nick

It is Gyproc Ready Mixed Joint Cement and it come in 12 litre tubs and it cost me £19 from a timber /building mercahnt .A silly wee tub of powder from B+Q cost me over £7

Stuart .

Reply to
Stuart