Tip

I needed to cut the same shape out of 12mm ply, many times. I cut some pieces of play that were bigger than the shape I wanted, with the top one having an outline of the desired shape. I glued a stack of the pieces of ply together by putting dabs of superglue on the areas that were outside of the desired shape. I could then cut the shape out with the band saw. It worked really well.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

An "enhanced" version of that trick I often use, is to put blue painters tape on both mating surfaces, apply the superglue dabs to the tape on one surface, and spray activator onto the other. Bring em together and they stick very quickly. However you can later prise them apart with a paint scraper or similar, and there will be no glue damage to the parts themselves.

John Rumm