tiling grout gaps

what grout gaps should I have on 250mm x 400mm wall tiles ?

1mm, 2mm or 5mm ?

I'm thinking 5mm (only because those are the spacers I already have from a previous job) but am sure they're just meant for floor tiles ?

thanks

Reply to
SoWeezy

It depends on what you like... I should go to a tile shop, and look at their displays to get some idea of what you think looks good. It's not worth using spacers you've already got if the result won't please you!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

5mm looks manky on most wall tiles. For 250x400mm, I'd probably use 2mm, although I might consider 1mm for certain tiles, like genuine polished marble.

Certainly don't set the spacing based on what you own! It's not like they are expensive, and you can reuse them, too, provided you don't actually attempt to place them in the corners...

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle