Three way switch?

Hi,
Is there such a thing as a three way switch? I was thinking it would
be useful for the outside lights:
position 1 off
position 2 always on
position 3 on via pir
Does such a thing exist?
TIA
Reply to
Sam
Used to be able to get a two-way centre-off, which is what you want. You might still be able to get one in some gridswitch ranges.
Owain
Reply to
Owain
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:34:22 GMT someone who may be Sam wrote this:-
Yes. However you would probably need to make it out of components and thus take responsibility for the safety of the assembly.
Having said that I have a vague recollection of seeing a switch that had two on positions and a central off position. It was in a catalogue or web site, I saw it in the past week, it was in the style of normal electrical equipment and that is all I can remember about it.
Reply to
David Hansen
In message , Sam wrote
PIR lights often have this functionality built in.
Switch in off position = light off Switch off to on = light in PIR mode Switch off to on then off and back on within 30seconds = light always on.
Reply to
Alan
DPDT (Dual Pole Dual Throw) 3 position rocker switch???? 1 on centre off 2 PIR???
Reply to
CS
Sorry to hijack your post, but is there a gadget that will electocute SWMBO if the starts the bloody washing machine while I'm in the shower?
Reply to
The Medway Handyman
In article , Owain writes:
Somewhere I have a gridswitch one. However, it's for the previous generation of MK gridswitch where the switches had toggles. I don't think it exists (or would be viable) for rocker switches.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
In article ,
There are certainly miniature toggle switches with a centre off. I have some. I've a feeling I may have normal sized rockers too. I'll look later. Either could be fitted to a blank plate if looks aren't important.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
I've been waiting for words of wisdom as I also would like on/centre-off/on switches for lighting. I'd hunted around a bit last week and wondered if the Supergrid 8000 gridswitch 8024 do? (See
But (big but) I've not yet got prices so it may be they are prohibitive.
May I also ask if it is possible to buy panels to fit bog-standard back boxes to take Euro size 250VAC rocker switches (of which there seemed to be a vast range)?
Reply to
Robin
In article ,
Looks pretty hideous, though. Like 20 year old MK.
Not seen them but you can of course make your own holes in blank plates. Likely to look better since they can be bought to match your existing ones. If metal you could almost certainly get a Q-Max type punch - at a price.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
On 15 Nov,
Doesn't need to be a combi. I have to wait until everyone is out (or in bed) before risking a shower. Someone is bound to turn on a hot tap otherwise. My shower is fed from the loft tank, stored hot water, not a combi in sight.
Reply to
<me9
Hi
MK 2 way + Off grid switch