Threaded metal tube for lamp holders - whats it called?

Some lampholders have threaded bases to accept threaded tubing. What thread is this? From memory I think there may be 2 different kinds. I am trying to convert 2 big old porcelain vases into lamps. The vases are each about 650mm tall and contain suitable drillings. Any ideas please on (a) what it's called and (b) where can I get the stuff.

Many thanks

Nick.

Reply to
Nick

B&Q do this kind of stuff - I can't remember what the threaded tube is called, but you'll find it.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

There are, indeed two sizes of bush (for that is what it is called). half inch and three eights inch. Any decent electrical supplier will sell you either size of bush and a reducer to enable you to fit an half inch lampholder onto a three eights bush

Frank Ersk> >

Reply to
dcbwhaley

Vague memories (from making table lamps in woodwork lessons in the late

70's) of something called a 'Brass Pottery Nipple'.

HTH

Richard

Reply to
Richard