Things on my mind (3)

His wife has a guest who she quite likes but he cannot stand. It being lunchtime he is sent into the kitchen to prepare a snack for his wife and the guest: eggs on toast. From the kitchen he can hear the guest pontificating about the virtues of free range chickens, the moral duty of us all not to waste food, the joys of home bread making, and so on and so forth. As our man conveys the second egg to the second piece of toast it falls into the dog's bowl, which contains some uneaten soggy dog food. He retrieves the egg, dusts it off, puts it on the toast, and serves the meal to the guest.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I am enjoying your blog, Bill!

Reply to
Davey

Ah. An egg with a mind of its own. Clearly a "free range" egg,

Reply to
Peter Duncanson

Did:- (1) The guest eat it? (2) If so, was the guest aware it had been retrieved from the dog's bowl?

My view is that it should have been washed, dusting was insufficient.

Reply to
harry

Bill Wright scribbled

Did he woof it down?

Reply to
Jonno

Yes

In that case the host should have pissed on it to wash it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Did the dog notice it?

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

The man that this happened to later threw the dog's dinner away because the spoilt mutt had left it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Sensible dog. It wouldn't want dinner contaminated with greasy human food.

Reply to
nemo