Thin flexible SS conduit as used to protect alarm cables to garage door detectors

Just out of interest I had a shufti at the Kopex site, which looks very well organised, and drilled down to this from the home page in about 10 secs:

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks David

Indeed the Kopex site is good.

Perhaps I should have said '< 10 mm OD' rather than '

Reply to
Richard

Hi One trade name (manufacturer) for this metal flexible xonduit is ' Metaflex' you can buy it at good electrical wholesalers or I believe RS still stock it.

HTH CJ

Reply to
cj

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:49:21 +0100, Richard mused:

It's 12mm diameter aluminium tube actually, I've got 2 bundles in the garage.

It's not something I've seen anywhere other than at trade alarm suppliers, but at least you now know what you're searching for. ;)

Reply to
Lurch

You can get small bore Al tubing IIRC sold for use as hydraulic brake pipes. Its certainly used in car aircons as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher