Thermostatic mixer valve for pumped HW

I'm looking at all the options for solving my low HW pressure problem

- cottage therefore low tank head height, ie round about 0.5 bar HW pressure.

The two areas requiring improved pressure are the kitchen tap (it's an extending mixer tap) and the shower (currently electric) which is a metre or so away through the wall. The hot water tank is 8 or 9m away.

I've looked at the heat bank option - definitely viable but requires quite a lot of plumbing work. I'm now considering using a pump to feed both outlets as the installation effort particularly will be less.

My initial thoughts are to install the pump near the HW tank and run it into a TMV so that the HW temperature at one outlet will not vary noticeably when the other outlet is used. However I now see that perhaps this should be reconsidered due to the possibility of legionaires bacilli developing in the rather long run, lower temperature HW pipe. Having said that, a high temperature feed, as it cools, will equally drop through a viable growth temperature for the bacillus.

Can I have some comments please or am I worrying about something which doesn't really exist ?

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
robgraham