There goes the neighborhood...

The Medway Handyman

I've seen what they've described there. It was called:

Homebase.

Erk.

Scott

Reply to
Scott M

Much better for vinyl floor tiles than B&Q

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

4 for £1 in Poundland.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You'll have to start wearing a pink dress now when you go to pick your trade supplies. It'll suit you a treat!

BTW, when did you become an American citizen? Or did you just miss the u out of neighbourhood?

Reply to
Unbeliever

On Thursday 28 February 2013 17:40 The Medway Handyman wrote in uk.d-i-y:

's'aright - we have Screwfix and Toolsatan to retreat to. The T Wells Toolsatan has a coffee machine.

Reply to
Tim Watts

The idiot is back I see.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Did he ever go away? Or did you turn on the cyclists instead?

Reply to
Part Timer

Talking of idiots - guess who put 29/02/2013 on an NICEIC certificate this week?

Reply to
ARW

Can't imagine Dave missing u from any neighbourhood.

Reply to
John Rumm

Our local TLC has a *free* coffee machine ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

CEF provides a toaster, loaf and butter.

Reply to
Andy Burns

The toolsatan one is free here.

Reply to
dennis

Really? I haven't been in my local CEF for a year or more, but all they had in the way of "support services" was a coffee chamine.

Radiospares coffee was a bit better.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

"The store will also host new Kids Can Do It workshops at the weekend, cost ing £5 and run by B&Q DIY experts."

Sounds like a self contradiction. Cue mass complaints about kids wrecking h ouses.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It looked like a bit of local initiative, rather than something I'd expect all branches to have. It'll only cost them a few quid and might encourage the sparkies to prefer them for their early morning orders, or tend not to get pissed-off and go elsewhere when there's a queueue.

Reply to
Andy Burns

How did you get coffeee out of a CHA Mine?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My local wholesaler gives away vouchers for use in the sandwich shop across the road. The tea and coffee in the wholesalers is free:-)

Reply to
ARW

John Rumm wrote: [snip]

That's generous. I could do with a new coffee machine.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Shall I see what happens if I pick it up and ask them to hold the door open next time I am there?

Reply to
John Rumm