JTF? Hot tub deaths?

The Medway Handyman

That is why most places selling them display hot tubs empty.

Reply to
Nightjar

Or they looked at the Nude Camping site ref'd by ARW.

Reply to
Davey

They are in effect a miniature swimming pool and have to be treated as such. Even more dangerous because the water temperature is higher. So they need filtration and chlorination to be safe. Plus lots of cleaning. People aren't prepared to do all the work/expense.

Or the water drained down between sessions.

Waste of space there are really, only halfwit would buy one.

Reply to
harryagain

I remember wiring a hot tub up for a pillock.

When it cane to adding the chlorine granules I worked it out at 3 tablespoons

He dumped in 2kg.

Reply to
ARW

At least the body was well preserved.

Huge

Nice.

I did manage to drag the dog away before it died from the fumes.

It could be worse. Only one apprentice could tell me what a third is as a decimal.

The one that said "It it a quarter?" needs shooting

Reply to
ARW

That would have been about a month's supply for the fair sized swimming pool I had at my house in France.

Reply to
Nightjar

That explains something. My wife went in the hot tub at a spa. She survived, but her swimsuit was completely bleached. Presumably, somebody at the spa had the same regard for simple maths as your customer.

Reply to
GB

It's really not that hard to maintain them. No doubt plenty of people never put any chemicals in them.

Reply to
Jon Connell

/It's really not that hard to maintain them. No doubt plenty of people never put any chemicals in them./q

Mornington Crescent?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

It's what else they put in them though (see the dry cleaning thread)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I guess if you fill them up once in a while and leave them dry, it's not likely that bad.

OTOH if you need to keep them running, and have a lot of people in them, the chemical regime is as importance as a swimming pool.

Forest of Dean log cabins have a hot tub (well some of them). They get checked every day for chemical balance and emptied and refilled every week.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Much more important in fact just because there is a lot less water in them than with a pool and they run a lot warmer too.

Reply to
Oscar Edwards