Stock up on Nitromoors lads.

The Medway Handyman

My van looks forward to the proposals.

have already stocked up to sort the bastards out that did this.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Hmmm - eye contact with this stuff can be particularly nasty.

Whilst I'm not in favour of the current policy of banning anything more toxic than marmalade - I can see in this case there is some merit in pushing manufacturers towards alternative products for the diy sector.

Reply to
dom

BTW - I heard Nitromoors is useful for softening Araldite (and possibly other epoxies).

Reply to
dom

Softens all plastics I think. I wouldn't buy it retail anyway as it's far cheaper at trade outlets.

Reply to
stuart noble

In article , ARWadsworth writes

On shotgun carts?

I'm glad you haven't had it signwritten.

If it's your average workaday van then I would consider painting the affected panels with a gloss roller, not perfect but who's to know.

Reply to
fred

Assuming there is an alternative in this case. Will anything less nasty actually work?

Can't see white vinegar or sodium bicarb doing the job.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I use Removall from paint-stripper.co.uk (just a customer). It's bloody brilliant - far, far better than Nitromors. The only downside is that it takes 24 hours to do its stuff, but it's non-toxic, non- caustic and biodegradeable. What's not to like?

Ian

Reply to
The Real Doctor

"Tacrolimus severe overdosage after intake of masked grapefruit in orange marmalade"

Owain

Yebbut... using nitromors is a rite of passage. Feeling those little patches of burning on your forearms and frantically rinsing, choking on the fumes, watching it burn through the floor and down to the earth's core. It's the chemical equiv of a chainsaw.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I've never had any injuries or unpleasantness using Nitromors.

(And it smells rather nice!).

Reply to
Frank Erskine

The insidious thing is that it doesn't start burning *immediately*. It waits a while, so you think 'that wasn't worth worrying about' or 'mist have been a drop of water' - then it's too late and it's burrowed into your flesh.

I always thought the manufacturers must make napalm too.

Reply to
Bob Eager

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

Biodiesel strips some household paints, and cleans brushes. It also functions as a fairly good weedkiller, that I do know.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain saying something like:

patients, to whom I asssume grapefruit is a hazard. Same thing goes for statins, and if grapefruit is present in some marmalades it's something to be wary of.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Steam works pretty well IME

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Reminds me of the tale about the guy who invented a universal solvent

He couldn't find anything to put it in.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

There was a time of course when Nitromors wouldn't attack car paint, ( FWIR ) .

Nowadays it seems cars are painted with the same sort of powder & water paint my daughter uses with her primary school class of 7 year old special needs kids.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

It really has been done.. magnetic bottle. (Yes I do understand a bit of nuclear physics.)

Reply to
dennis

The price?

Reply to
stuart noble

Or rub down the inset panel and get one of them stick-on things that companies print for you

Reply to
fictitiousemail