Stock up on Nitromoors lads.

http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id 757
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

My van looks forward to the proposals.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic.mg39x&s=4
I have already stocked up to sort the bastards out that did this.
Adam

On shotgun carts?
I'm glad you haven't had it signwritten.
If it's your average workaday van then I would consider painting the affected panels with a gloss roller, not perfect but who's to know.
--
fred

There was a time of course when Nitromors wouldn't attack car paint, ( FWIR ) .
Nowadays it seems cars are painted with the same sort of powder & water paint my daughter uses with her primary school class of 7 year old special needs kids.
Derek

Or rub down the inset panel and get one of them stick-on things that companies print for you

There is still the roof and door to do where it splashed over.
I have a friend who is a qualified paint sprayer.
Adam
Hmmm - eye contact with this stuff can be particularly nasty.
Whilst I'm not in favour of the current policy of banning anything more toxic than marmalade - I can see in this case there is some merit in pushing manufacturers towards alternative products for the diy sector.
BTW - I heard Nitromoors is useful for softening Araldite (and possibly other epoxies).
snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com wrote:

Softens all plastics I think. I wouldn't buy it retail anyway as it's far cheaper at trade outlets.
stuart noble wrote:

Steam works pretty well IME
NT

Yes - good for un-potting encapsulated electronics - it also de-laminates multilayer boards - can look quite pretty....!
snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com wrote:

Assuming there is an alternative in this case. Will anything less nasty actually work?
Can't see white vinegar or sodium bicarb doing the job.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

I use Removall from paint-stripper.co.uk (just a customer). It's bloody brilliant - far, far better than Nitromors. The only downside is that it takes 24 hours to do its stuff, but it's non-toxic, non- caustic and biodegradeable. What's not to like?
Ian
The Real Doctor wrote:

Yebbut... using nitromors is a rite of passage. Feeling those little patches of burning on your forearms and frantically rinsing, choking on the fumes, watching it burn through the floor and down to the earth's core. It's the chemical equiv of a chainsaw.
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:46:02 -0000, "Steve Walker"

I've never had any injuries or unpleasantness using Nitromors.
(And it smells rather nice!).
--
Frank Erskine

The insidious thing is that it doesn't start burning *immediately*. It waits a while, so you think 'that wasn't worth worrying about' or 'mist have been a drop of water' - then it's too late and it's burrowed into your flesh.
I always thought the manufacturers must make napalm too.
Bob Eager wrote:

Heh, that's right. And there's always a bit of scouring you want to finish before running for the tap, so you're hanging on with gritted teeth...
Steve Walker wrote:

Reminds me of the tale about the guy who invented a universal solvent
He couldn't find anything to put it in.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

It really has been done.. magnetic bottle. (Yes I do understand a bit of nuclear physics.)
The Real Doctor wrote:

The price?