The Town That Never Retired

I am having some time off from relationships.

I have got one lined up for Tuesdsay but there is no need to rush things.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

They whole thing was wrong.. if people are to work beyond 67-73 then they will already be doing the jobs and have the required skills and stamina. Taking 73 year olds and putting them back to work after 7 years of doing nowt is not the same.

They probably selected them from a job centre, there's a lot of them there.

Reply to
dennis

You are only 56 and out of work. That says a lot about you.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Have you never been around people as they get to retirement age?

I have. Some are capable of carrying on for longer - some not. And some should have retired earlier. Just because people are living longer doesn't mean they are staying fit and healthy for longer too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In general they are, but as you get older there are more people with more problems. What the proportion will be by 2044 when the retirement age goes to 68 is anyone's guess.

Reply to
dennis

parkinson's but why not give the idea a try:

Weatherlawyer

You punch young people in the testicles. That says you shouldn't be allowed near youngsters. And aught to be registered with the local plod.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

LOL!

Tim

Reply to
Tim

And don't just take the default option (with personal pensions) of the 'with profits fund'. The Aviva WPF is currently paying an annual bonus of 1.25%. In other words your fund is losing money year by year, and if you try and switch to another fund they will cream-off a 'market valuation reduction' (that's an exit charge in normal speak).

Over a forty year period won't go far wrong with a fund invested in international equities.

And watch out for annual charges. Anything over 1% is a rip-off.

Also, if you don't have an employer-funded scheme then anyone not paying

40% tax may be better off simply adding money to a share isa that is invested in the HSBC FTSE100 tracker - only 0.25% charges (plus platform fees). Vanguard are another low-charge provider.

PS what was the plasterer using on those walls. Looked like lumpy distemper to me, and he finished it off with what looked like a yard brush. And the building had no roof, so leaked like a sieve.

Reply to
Andrew

What as - a Special Constable ?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Under no circumstances am I ever going to join the police either as PC or as PCSO. I have low standards to maintain.and I am not prepared to lower them.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

MoD Guarding?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I do not have a problem with guarding the MoD:-)

Just keep me away from the thick as f*ck SY police.

"Justice with courage" my arse.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

G4S need a few security guards for some event in East London....

Reply to
John Williamson

Seemingly if they could read this they're over qualified to apply.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't have a neck thicker than my IQ.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The average would only be 100 mm, most peoples necks are thicker than that.

Reply to
dennis

I was working in inches.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You must be older than me (don't ask geof, he got it wrong).

Reply to
dennis