The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk

Boxes of miscellaneous electronic bits, that circulate amongst hobbyists and tinkerers:

I have enough bits and pieces that might be useful to someone else, if they'd like to receive a box.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

I had one of those, some good stuff in it that I'd never use again. I tried on Freecycle and had two takers, neither of whom bothered to show up. It went to the tip in the end. :-(

Reply to
The. Wanderer

I can see it working if the receipient pays postage. But without that there is a fairly strong disincentive for anyone to post things on, either when seeding or when reposting.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I don't mind, it won't be much. The favour always gets returned with such things, eventually.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Thats me out then

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The people with loads of boxes to give are the least likely to ever request anything

NT

Reply to
meow2222

A fine idea in principle, but it seems to me that a rethink is needed on how it works.

  1. Over here its possible to send something with the recipient paying on delivery, and that amount would be the postage cost. Otherwise there is a complete disincentive for people with stuff to offer to offer it, and recipients arent taking any responsibility for what they receive.
  2. The last thing I'd want to get in my inbox is a stream of people offering me boxes! Seriously, if I want one I can look on a page where theyre listed, otherwise its just a new form of junk mail.
  3. Why restrict it to boxes of junk? There are significantly more valuable things that people are willing to give away. Old testgear for example.

NT

Reply to
meow2222