Green Red Black

New Colour code

Green/yellow Brown Blue

Conversion

Green/Yellow to Black Brown to Green

Blue to pieces

Reply to
Paul

Don't forget to add a cut off 6" nail as a fuse and hold the other end of the cable as you plug it in and switch on.

Reply to
Mr Alun Davies

Is it ok to lick the end of the cable to check that the fuse is ok.

Reply to
Paul

The old metal quarter-inch pot spindle was just about right...

Reply to
Joe

The message from "Paul" contains these words:

I once stripped a mains cable with my teeth. I could have sworn I'd unplugged it - but as it happened I'd unplugged another very like it.

Came as a bit of a shock.

Reply to
Guy King

You don't need the green wire. The appliance still works when you disconnect it. Don't understand why they use it, 'specially since you can now get flex with only blue and brown :-)

Reply to
dcbwhaley

LOL: don't think anyone will beat that!

Reply to