The Complete Guide to Sharpening

Found this in wandering around.

wait a while then download but at 0700, it was 15 seconds and well worth it.

Reply to
Ericp

For some reason my HOSTS file blocks it - I wonder why.

Reply to
PeterC

I think it covers just about everything on the subject. I haven't read it all yet due to family disturbances :-(

Thanks, I have saved it for future reading

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Oh well, my HOSTS file was obviously paranoid! Just disabled it and the file is being downloaded. The free d/l speed is actually as fast as my connection can handle anyway - first benefit I've found to it.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Reply to
PeterC

71MB in size. It really must a work of biblical proportions.
Reply to
Mark

It is a PDF and they tend to be oversized.

It is also the finest work on the subject I have ever seen. I would say it is an essential for anybody that has edged tools.

Reply to
Ericp

It depends entirely on how they are produced. Some are very small - of the order of the size of a text file.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In what way? If created appropriately for the intended medium, PDFs are miracles of compression. (If created for screen reading they can be relatively tiny; if created for high quality printing, they will be immense.) This particular PDF looks to be the product of scanning a printed book (as opposed to having been created by the typographic software directly to PDF).

It's 243 pages long (a little bit too much information for this particular bodger!). I hope that it's properly out of copyright, for the authors' sake: maybe this could explain why another poster's browser flagged up the site with a warning.

John

Reply to
Another John

The Merkins seem obsessed with the subject, from what I have read.

Reply to
Huge

The Americans do everything pretty obsessively, which is one of the reasons for their success in the 20th century.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

agreed

I would

no it isn't!

this is a pirate copy of isbn 9781561581252

The complete guide to sharpening Leonard Lee pub c.1995 + reissues

new & used copies readily available for a spend of gbp10-15 via

(key in ISBN to find the book)

=A0maybe this could explain why another poster's

indeed

Reply to
jim

Not true-

99.9% of Americans were wiped out by greedy European immigrants with diseases and guns. [g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Having looked at the .pdf if this had appeared before Christmas it would have been on my list...

I recomend that people buy the book it is an excellent piece of work and should be properly supported. Not only does it cover many chisels and plane blades, with good diagrams, names and explantions for the various angles etc it also covers saws and knives and the various abrasives used for sharpening.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice