lol

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Huh? Confused I am.

(you misspelled Humour BTW)

Reply to
Geoffrey

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:05:26 GMT, The3rd Earl Of Derby babbled:

Tell you what.

I'll give you three guesses where the term crap comes from?

Reply to
skuzzbag

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:57:01 GMT, skuzzbag babbled:

I didn't mean to make that all Australian btw!

Reply to
skuzzbag

No it wasn't:

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

iirc he didn't actually invent it at all, merely market the idea.

sponix

Reply to
sponix

The water closet was invented by someone, whose name I now forget, in the Court of Elizabeth I. Crapper simply made and sold them in quantity.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Never the less whether you agree or disagree it was the crapper family that improved the sanitation of victorian england, and to me that deserves the merit of the invention to TJCrapper.

Its a bit like "Trevor Baylis", he was supposed to have invented the windup radio, rubbish!! he found the idea in a patent libray which had not been upheld as a patent anymore, so revised the idea and put it into reality.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The current company makes some fine replicas, although they are a touch on the dear side. A high level complete set including cistern, pan, flush pipe and throne seat will set you back around £2000.

Note that Thomas Crapper and Company Ltd. own the trademark to the word "crapper".

Thought you'd like to know....

Reply to
Andy Hall

No, but people that adopted and used his name seem to have one.

Reply to
ctl

Nope, thomas crapper was only nine at the time the word was used. :-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Now try the info at this url