Time of the year to switch on the bozo detector

If you're thinking of buying a property locally, now is the time to drive around after dark to see whether the neighbours are your sort of person. For me, this means NOT having the whole front of the house festooned with clambering Santa Clauses, flashing lights like the apron at Heathrow, and a reindeer boozily propping up the tree in the front garden.

But you may like that sort of thing! So now's your chance to locate a potential neighbour of like mind. If it's a semi-detached you have in mind, you might be able to pool resources next Christmas and cover BOTH halves with clambering Santa Clauses. Anyway, better hurry! Christmas will soon be over and then how will you know who you'll be living next to?

And yes, my street looks like a friggin' advert for Osram.

MM

Reply to
MM

No it won't, it hasn't even *started* yet, & my "bozo detector" has just started flashing again. Try uk.misc next time.

Reply to
Chris Bacon
[snip]

I'd say you're bozzo detector wasn't working. :-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

electronic santa down the road appears to be having a w**k. Is this normal? I guess he's supposed to be waving one arm.

Reply to
owdman

Yes thats normal...he does only come once a year. ;-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Ho Ho Ho

Reply to
owdman

Reply to
shaun

See them inflatable Santas, could they be filled with helium and turned into internally illuminated festive zeppelins?

I was complimented today on how welcoming my christmas lights maked the communal stair look, but then they are plain white and static (i.e. both tasteful and cheap).

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hydrogen would be more fun

So you dug out the adapter that your mother/grandmother used to use to do the ironing, and plugged _two_ 40W GLS lamps into the ceiling fitting. I hope the adapter had a slide switch so you don't need to have them both on all the time - never overdo jollity.

Reply to
Autolycus

I can understand gently twinkling lights - but why do some people have them flashing manically?

Reply to
john

Cue Frank Carson

"It's a cracker!"

Reply to
Mingin

Now you mention it, they all look like that. Maybe nobody told the Chinese we don't wave that low down. I wonder if the speed is adjustable

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Walk?

He should be preparing his sleigh by now....

Reply to
Andy Hall