Thanks To You All!

Hello All

Just a quick note to thank you all for your advice over the last year and a half, there are too many of you to mention but you know who you are!!

Set Square Stefek Big Wallop Capitol Lurch John Rumm Pete C John S Owain Andy Hall NT etc etc..............

From knocking down a load bearing wall, building a wetroom, stud

partitions, to DIY fly nets! you've answered all my questions and without you folk, (previoulsy I had no DIY experience to speak off before purchasing my house which needed completely renovating) I would have been way out of my depth, why did I do that again? Now I consider myself not bad at the old DIY malarky and sometimes even feel brave enough to answer some basic questions myself!!!

Anyway I'm in OZ now for the next 6 months so no DIY for me, I dont think I could take anymore just yet. Working day and night started to get to me in the end and SWMBO!. I just got the house finished for the new owners, how manic was that right up until the day of departure, its kinda sad seeing all my hard work being lived in by someone else for 6 months, I did shut the wetroom off though :)

I still have some cosmetics to finish when I get back and some other minor work so I'll expect to be posting again next year!

Anyway thanks, G'day and enjoy the Winter ;)

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

We shall be having a damp warm one, I have no doubt -but you might be in for an experience.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

You're welcome. Our invoice follows shortly...

We shall stand by for urgent requests for assistance with failed beer-coolers and termites. Oh, and some considerably more interesting spider-related questions (of the 'fatal or not?' variety) than we usually get in the UK.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And unlike the UK it is important that you read the manual *first* in Oz. When the sign says "Don't swim. Salties live here." it doesn't mean that you'll be fined for ignoring the instructions.

Reply to
John Cartmell

Perhaps it is early in the year for a Brumous daybreak of mid-November, but there was a hell of a lot of fog about this morning. There are a number of dangerous animals out in Oz, particularly the bipedal ones, so take care.

John Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt