Thanks to rain...

Site seems down for me.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Because the repair often ends up being by pumping out the flooded chamber that contains one of the telecom junctions in my front verge. When they first did it the black policeman's helmet joint box sounded like maracas with the amount of water sloshing about inside it.

Whenever the beck floods we immediately lose 1-2Mbps of speed as the cable properties are compromised and signal leaks to earth. It shows up as worse line attenuation when it is really wet which it is right now.

If it gets really bad we lose dial tone and people find they have become spurious party lines with no internet at all as cables short together.

Reply to
Martin Brown