Television and Video

We have bought a second have tv. The "remote control" was purchased by the previous owner after his kids broke the one that came with the set (a Matsui).

Is it possible to *tune* the remote so that it operates the TV (which it doesn't at present) and can the TV be adjusted so as to accept our existing video recorder (or to these various items have to be "compatible")? Fred

Reply to
Anonymous

doesn't at present)

depends entirely on the remote, can you provide more detail?

these various items have to be "compatible")?

They should work fine together, although how they connect depends on the items - has the TV got a SCART socket in the back?

--

Ferger

Sounds like a universal remote - no great shakes if you can`t get it to=20 work, as they`re =A312-=A320 to replace for a new one with all the codes.

Who made the remote - i`ve had a couple and might be able to give some=20 clues on programming it depending on the model

--=20 Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email

  • old email address "btiruseless" abandoned due to worm-generated spam *

Colin Wilson

In message , Colin Wilson writes

Just buy a compatible from CPC

Reply to
geoff

We have bought a second have tv. The "remote control" was purchased by the previous owner after his kids broke the one that came with the set (a Matsui).

Is it possible to *tune* the remote so that it operates the TV (which it doesn't at present) and can the TV be adjusted so as to accept our existing video recorder (or to these various items have to be "compatible")? Fred

Reply to
Freddie

by the previous owner after his kids broke the one that came with the set (a Matsui).

(which it doesn't at present) and can the TV be adjusted so as to accept our existing video recorder (or to these various items have to be "compatible")?

Replacement remotes are pretty reasonable try

Angela