Telescopic TV?

Hi all, im trying to source a telescopic mount with which to mount a LCD TV panel above a bed. It is for a disabled person who spends a lot of time on her bed and on her back staring at a white ceiling!

it needs to be retraceable so it can be pushed back up to the ceiling when not in use.

Anyone seen such a device?

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

retractable...not retraceable...blinkin spell checker.

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Many times in hospitals. Patientline are the service provider. They may tell you where they get 'em from.

Reply to
OldBill

Any of these any good?

look under lcd brackets

Pilbs

Pilbs

No... but how about a projector-type TV or some form of mirror arrangement?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Can she see sideways at all or really limited to her back. I she flat or inclined at all?

The patient line devices have been mentioned IMHO they are a little "industrial" for domestic use but will enable the screen to be positioned almost anywhere above the bed. Think anglepoise but with the parrallel bars enclosed and about 4' long...

It might be worth looking through what is available from Audio Visual supplies places and perhaps office supplies.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Have a look at

they might be able to help.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Mostly flat, can see sideways but this will result in a crick in the neck if in this position for any period of time.

the Patientline system was great for when she was in hospital..something similar would be fine.

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

I wonder what happened to those spectacles with prisms in for watching TV in bed?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Thinking around the problem, would it not be possible to mount the TV set an a shelf somewhere then use something like a shaving mirror to view the screen?

Yes, the picture would be back to front but does that really matter? It'd be cheap and safer than trying to attach a heavy TV to the ceiling!

Various mirrors here:

(I found them via google so not recommending them. I'm sure B&Q etc would be far cheaper)

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Why not a make up a sprung or counterbalanced arm (you could probably use a gas strut from a hatchback) either fixed to the bed or wall, or on a base like those over-bed tables you get in hospitals?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Or as high as possible on the wall at the foot of the bed, possibly angled down a little.

Need to be a fairly large mirror wouldn't it rather than a little 6" circle jobbie. B-)

Easyly corrected by swapping the connections to the horizontal scan coils. Don't know if a large modern electronic self adjusting set would get upset by that or not. Less likely to be a problem with a 14" portable though...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Now there's an oxymoron if ever I heard one!!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Hi,

If cost is a concern then I'd use a standard TFT TV arm with 1 or 2

45deg tilts to get give 90deg for a horizontal screen.

If using a couple of cheap 45deg tilts these can be bolted back to back to give a VESA mounting on both sides.

If money is not a problem:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C