Telecomm co use skype - not their own system

A certain company who provide internet phone services and has cables in many parts of the UK just called me for marketing - on skype. Was a USA accent. Makes a change from Indian I suppose. Well, it's cheaper and they need the money for the shareholders. Soon the bandwidth will be clogged by others doing the same but rather ironic they own system is too expensive for them to use. Thinking about it they are charging me so they can call me to sell more of *their* "products" on by the medium I'm already paying for! Sigh - I wish there were a choice of supplier...

ps Almost as bad as the BBC et al flooding the net with replays of their dreadful output. That really is a true waste of bandwidth.

Reply to
dave

If you have a Skype In number, they may have just called this!?

Reply to
Toby

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember dave saying something like:

Tell me about it - I connect via Vodafone 3G as the only realistic broadband I can get out in the sticks. During the past year I've seen connectivity and throughput drop like a stone in the evenings and weekends as every bugger download fecking videos to their poxy mobiles. Vodafone have been pushing the 3G service to try to get back some of the ridiculous amount of money they spent on buying the 3G licence.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It has to be said that this IS the reason that they bought the bandwidth (at any price). They didn't buy it for people to make phone calls.

tim

Reply to
tim.....