Tap flexi hose spanner size

Have you tried it? I have, and am some way from being a plumbing and DIY numpty.

Reply to
nothanks

What?? That?s like admitting to not having an angle grinder. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

What, no room for a bit of 1/16 inch alloy sheet?

Yes, *if* you can get to them

Reply to
newshound

Not on taps, but I've done plenty of angle grinder surgery close to sensitive stuff.

Reply to
newshound

Oh, you mean there is an up-stand. But then we were originally talking about baths, not basins.

Reply to
newshound

And basins don't usually have the same access limitations.

Reply to
newshound

So for all your experience, you have never had a location where it was not possible to use a crows foot spanner? Well I have.

Reply to
newshound

A lot of basins I have seen the back-nut for the tap has been in a recess in the porcelain with very little clearance either side of the nut hence a requirement to use a box spanner

Reply to
alan_m

How do you get a box spanner onto the pipe? I suppose you could leave it permanently installed. :-)

Reply to
Chris Green

You disconnect the pipe then slide the box spanner up to the tap fixing back nut.

Reply to
alan_m

I used to have quite a lot of old taps, saved in case I could find a use for them somewhere. Got well over £100 when I finally took my collection of lead, copper, and brass scrap to a proper scrap merchant.

Reply to
newshound

There are open spanners...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The fixed basin wrenches are cheap enough that opening out the gape between the flats with an angle grinder might get you a useable tool.

Failing that a crows foot spanner, socket extension bar(s) and square socket drive wrench might do it as others have suggested.

Reply to
John Rumm