sylvania downlights

Hello,

I have two down lighters in the en suite and they are looking worse for wear (the chrome finish is wearing off and it looks bubbled on the one nearest the shower). I was thinking of changing them for smarter versions. I see that Tool station sells some no-name lights and some Sylvania ones. I know Sylvania has a history of making bulbs. Does this mean that the branded one will be better and last longer or does Sylvania have little to do with their design and manufacture; are they just rebadged?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
reply

Make sure the shower down lighter is rated for the shower, off hand I cannot recall the IP number but the catalogue should have the details. The low voltage one I installed at my last house had a glass cover in front of the bulb.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Same downlights you had last week when you asked?

Reply to
ARW

Sorry I'm having news server problems. I am not seeing three of my posts nor your replies to them. I did post the same question before but I can't see any of it. Sorry for the duplication!

Reply to
reply