extractor fan outlet / soil pipe distance?

Hello,
There is no obvious outlet for the fan in the en suite. There is a flexible duct behind the fan but I cannot see where it goes. I will have to get a usb camera and feed it down. My worry is it that it could be venting into the ceiling void.
I did wonder about drilling a hole through the gable end but then it occurred to me that the soil stack is on that wall. Is there a recommended distance between soil stack and fan to prevent sewer smells entering through the ducting?
Thanks, Stephen.
On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:16:40 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@to.newsgroup.invalid wrote:

I had a similar concern with an existing installation, so I fitted one of these to the back of the extractor fan http://tinyurl.com/o77nf8d In-line back-draught shutter are also available for fitting within the ducting itself.
--

Chris

/I had a similar concern with an existing installation, so I fitted one of these to the back of the extractor fan http://tinyurl.com/o77nf8d In-line back-draught shutter are also available for fitting within the ducting itself. /Q
Not really a solution is it?
Jim K

Well, it's stopped any back draught, which used to be considerable on windy days, and opens when the fan is running. My concern about smell from the adjacent soil stack was unfounded, as the source of the smell turned out to be elsewhere.
--

Chris

My fan has shutters on the back already so perhaps I don't need to worry?