Supplier of Timber to Stain and Laminate? Help Please

Hi All.

I'm looking for a supplier of thin birch plywood (the type made with clear glue) or some other sheet timber that I could stain and then laminate.

The aim is to produce a laminate blank of alternating colours.

Anywhere in the area Liverpool-Manchester Chester - Preston area would be a best but any otheres to.

If you know of a supplier please let me know. If not is there some other group I could ask?

Best Regards Alan

Reply to
Ora8i

You could cover with wood veneer its thin and can be got in off cuts, but it is expensive stuff veneer. There's a place in bootle on the dock road 'Forth road' if I remember rightly.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

oops! make that 'forth street'

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Any timber merchant should stock birch ply

Reply to
Stuart Noble

A surprising number don't, just cheap far eastern stuff but I think I have now found a supplier in Warrington.

Thanks Alan

Reply to
Ora8i