Supercapacitors

No the idiot CD doesn't understand that if the drain really is a few nano amps as stated by the op then a 10Mohm meter will drain it at least a hundred times faster than the device will.

CD is incapable of working out what resistance will produce the stated standby current at 5V and it isn't as low as 10Mohms.

So his inability to understand anything makes him try to drag anyone that does down to the same level of idiot that he is.

But what do you expect from a troll.

Reply to
dennis

You sure? I thought the OP said that it draws 5µA at 5V. I make that

1Mohm.
Reply to
Tim Streater

An 1822 battery fits a Makita power tool, so it should last a bit in a laptoop.

Reply to
therustyone

But the OP said microamps.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Just checked and I must have miss read it. But never mind its only a "bit" out.

Reply to
dennis

I don't think Makita are using the convention for sizing cylindrical cells/batteries which is being referred to. Mind you, I have never seen a CMOS battery that big eiither.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

it's a microamp, not a micro amp.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Why? He wanted to know how long the capacitor would be able to keep the memory active. It's much easier if viewed as a simple (dis)charge problem.

Didn't you ever calculate the ripple voltage on a reservoir capacitor to make sure that any downstream regulators would not drop out under load? I certainly did. It's much easier if you consider it from a rate of change of charge viewpoint.

Thanks, it was nothing really. I find that Ctrl-C --> Ctrl-V is much quicker than using the drop-down menus.

Impostor!

Reply to
Custos Custodum

They didn't have microamps way back in Dennis's day; they'd only just discovered milliamps. ;-)

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

how would he cope with nanoamps

Reply to
charles

In article snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk>, charles snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk> scribeth thus

Do we have Femtoamps

Seen them 10-15 as watts used in RF systems..

Reply to
tony sayer

Try yoctoamps!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Be a bit of a bugger measuring them eh?..

Reply to
tony sayer

You probably have to count the electrons.

Reply to
Bob Eager

More like count the days between electrons

Reply to
Andy Burns

the quantized nature of electric current is detectable and measurable

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher