Summerhouses and Garden sheds

I am doing a small market research on summerhouses in the UK and which style works best.

survey will take less than 10 minutes and there is =A320 vouchers in the draw

Thanks a lot for your time David

Reply to
david grossniklaus

The correct answer is "ones that aren't full of enraged wildebeest".

Reply to
Jules Richardson

"david grossniklaus" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@9g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... I am doing a small market research on summerhouses in the UK and which style works best.

survey will take less than 10 minutes and there is £20 vouchers in the draw

This was posted a few days back in uk.rec.gardening. " I am currently conducting a market research as part of my studies to find out what customers wants for their "Garden Summerhouses" and "Garden sheds" I would be delighted to get your feedback as the survey takes couple of minutes to complete and I have couple of £20.00 vouchers on the draw."

On uk.rec.gardening this was claimed to be part of an MBA "MBA market study for summerhouse in the UK"

Below is my response in that group:

" (1) Learn to spell entertainment :-). And entertainment is not the only use of a garden room. Many people have offices or other work rooms. (2) Do you own a summerhouse or shed - many people own both or at least several sheds. Next door has a summer house and a shed. I have a shed and a "Mother of All Sheds" which will be part garden room and part storage and part workshop some time in the future. Potting sheds also seem to have slipped off your radar - somewhere where light and window size are very important. You also ask about number of windows, but give no indication of size. (3) You have B&Q listed twice. (4) You don't give an option for "other store" in your list of places to purchase, just "none of the above". I bought some gardening stuff from Travis Perkins (wheel barrow and a shovel). I bought some gardening tools from Screwfix. There is nowhere in your survey to indicate this. (5) You limit your floor size to 10'*10' - not particularly big for a summerhouse. Not even particularly big for a shed or greenhouse where 8'*12' is a common size. A decent summer house/garden room should be as big an an internal room of a house - at least 12'*12' should be considered, probably larger. (6) Where is "no thank you - I don't want to go bloody miles to a focus group all for the sake of a £20 voucher"? (7) Your final form complains if you don't give a phone number and postcode - even though these are not starred fields. Hint - I would not absolutely trust the values in these fields.

All in all, an interesting survey in parts, but not of the highest quality - seriously flawed in many places.

No interest at all in customers who might want to buy or do anything outside your very narrow focus, nor why they might not want to buy the variants of the products you are pushing. Surveys should have 'other' boxes, preferably with a comments field, to identify where you have asked questions where there is no correct answer. "

Jake added

"May I add to Dave's comments that I looked at your survey and moved on without bothering to respond. I totally agree with everything he's said plus the offer of a chance of winning a £20 voucher in return for giving identifiable details to someone who you don't know from Adam isn't an enticement; it's actually quite the reverse to anyone with any sense. "

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

God, They really wreck the garden with their hoofy things don't they?

The Natural Philosopher

aren't heading my way, although I may have difficulty spending them.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Summerhouses that contain summer for use in the winter are a winner, in my view.

Reply to
grimly4

Not too hard to do, with a discharge light and plenty of insulation.

NT

Reply to
NT

Now there's an idea.