Suggestions? Outware Door opening restraint

Our aluminium glazed porch door opens _outwards_ into the front garden, and thinking ahead to local problems around here - we don't really want to do open it fully that way unless the caller's business as been identified.

The door has become a bit of a de-facto front door, but looking around at door chains, guards and hotel latches - most of these suit doors that open inwards.

For instance, simple though it looks, I don't think this will work.

Door Guard Chrome Plated

Adrian C

Our aluminium glazed porch door opens _outwards_ into the front garden, and thinking ahead to local problems around here - we don't really want to do open it fully that way unless the caller's business as been identified.

The door has become a bit of a de-facto front door, but looking around at door chains, guards and hotel latches - most of these suit doors that open inwards.

For instance, simple though it looks, I don't think this will work.

Door Guard Chrome Plated

Adrian C

door chain?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

with a form of attachment that a baddie can't access with the door ajar, and where the door has to be pulled closed to disengage: I think it should be possible to mount a chain within those constraints?

I have a door chain fitted to an outwards-opening upstairs window in a rented-out house (intended to stop kids from taking a high dive, rather than keeping burglars out) - thinking about it, I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be possible to endo the chain from outside.

David

Reply to
Lobster