Suggestions needed for an under cupboard grill please.

Because of the very restricted space in my kitchen I am installing a radiator under one of the kitchen cupboards. To let the heat out I need to install a grill of some sort into the plinth under the cupboard. Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable grill? The dimensions for the grill would be no wider than about 13 cm and no longer than about 100 cm.

Reply to
clangers_snout

Don't you think the heat might be "a bit" reluctant to fall to the floor to get out of your grille?

You can get plinth radiators, with fan assistance ...

Andy Burns

Yeah. get a 'kickspace'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

========================================== If you really mean a radiator *under* a cupboard - something like a skirting radiator element - then a series of separate vents like these set into the plinth might do the job:

B&Q do a selection of mesh products if you want a greater vent area.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Andy Burns is right. Heat rises so all that would happen is that the bottom of your cupboard would be lovely and warm but not much else. Have a look at

John

Errrr, what's wrong with one of these?

Reply to
Bob Mannix

That also limits what you can store in that cupboard. If you install any heating appliance under it, I would consider trying to put a piece if 25mm cellotex on the underside of the cupboard bottom, to try and reduce heat input to the cupboard.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

When I saw this subject line I wondered why anyone would want to put a grill ( gas or electric) under a cupboard ...lol

It's a GRILLE of course .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

I'm sure you really mean a "grille" - a grill might be just a little too hot for under a cupboard :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Talking of crazy kitchen layouts, did anyone notice on the "challenge" episode of "The Restaurant" this week ... Raymond Blanc sent the teams to three posh houses to entertain important guests.

One of the kitchens had a tall unit with a double oven of some kind in it, but then in the next unit along, under the worktop, there was a bizarre "microwave at the top, half a cupboard under it" unit. Not sure I'd fancy kneeling on the floor to warm up a cup of coffee or whatever in the microwave. Nasty!

Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud