Suggestions needed for an under cupboard grill please.

Because of the very restricted space in my kitchen I am installing a radiator under one of the kitchen cupboards. To let the heat out I need to install a grill of some sort into the plinth under the cupboard. Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable grill? The dimensions for the grill would be no wider than about 13 cm and no longer than about 100 cm.
clangers snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Don't you think the heat might be "a bit" reluctant to fall to the floor to get out of your grille?
You can get plinth radiators, with fan assistance ...
http://www.warmrooms.co.uk/acatalog/Smiths_Space_Saver_Plinth_Kitchen_Heater_Central_Heating.html
Andy Burns wrote:

http://www.warmrooms.co.uk/acatalog/Smiths_Space_Saver_Plinth_Kitchen_Heater_Central_Heating.html

Yeah. get a 'kickspace'.
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 01:29:15 -0700, clangers_snout wrote:

=========================================If you really mean a radiator *under* a cupboard - something like a skirting radiator element - then a series of separate vents like these set into the plinth might do the job:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/13616/Heating-Cooling/Ducting/Fixed-Louvre-Vent-White-9-x-3
Alternatively, B&Q do a selection of mesh products if you want a greater vent area.
Cic.
Using Ubuntu Linux
clangers snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Andy Burns is right. Heat rises so all that would happen is that the bottom of your cupboard would be lovely and warm but not much else. Have a look at
http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Myson_Kickspace_Heaters.html

That also limits what you can store in that cupboard. If you install any heating appliance under it, I would consider trying to put a piece if 25mm cellotex on the underside of the cupboard bottom, to try and reduce heat input to the cupboard.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Errrr, what's wrong with one of these?
<http://www.onefitappliances.co.uk/smiths-hydronic-kitchen-plinth-heater-kitchen-space-saver-5-p-301.html
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 01:29:15 -0700 (PDT), clangers snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

When I saw this subject line I wondered why anyone would want to put a grill ( gas or electric) under a cupboard ...lol
It's a GRILLE of course .

Talking of crazy kitchen layouts, did anyone notice on the "challenge" episode of "The Restaurant" this week ... Raymond Blanc sent the teams to three posh houses to entertain important guests.
One of the kitchens had a tall unit with a double oven of some kind in it, but then in the next unit along, under the worktop, there was a bizarre "microwave at the top, half a cupboard under it" unit. Not sure I'd fancy kneeling on the floor to warm up a cup of coffee or whatever in the microwave. Nasty!
Simon.
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 01:29:15 -0700 (PDT), clangers snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

I'm sure you really mean a "grille" - a grill might be just a little too hot for under a cupboard :-)
--
Frank Erskine