Provision for under kitchen cupboard lights

I am planning a kitchen extension and a new kitchen installation (not much DIY). The cost of having the kitchen unit supplier fitting and connecting the under cupboard and interior link lights is a bit excessive and is well within my capabilities. However, how do you recommend I should specify the wiring provision to the builder of the extension (who will be having an electician on site to fit new lights and sockets all to Part P)? The cupboards will be up to the ceiling so having an outlet above the cupboards isn't an option. I would like the lights to be switchable from the main wall light switch.Cupboards will be on 2 opposite walls. Is something like a 2 or 5 amp round pin socket acceptable? Anything neater?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Specify Klik S26 (or S21) sockets flush mounted horizontally,

electrician will probably pick up from his wholesaler). These are same size as architrave light switches, and mount on the same back boxes.

Position them just below the bottoms of the cupboards, one for each run of cupboards, separately switched at the door. If the cupboards have no backs, you could position them so they are at the backs of the cupboards instead of underneath.

You'll need to get Klik P22 plugs to use with these, or ask the electrician to supply them.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Fitting switched dedicated lighting sockets is ideal. Also means you can test and "finish" the wiring before starting cabinets etc.

The modern sockets are quite neat. I normally use something like:

you can find them, there are slimmer options like the klik sockets.

Reply to
John Rumm