Suggestions?

Hi all,

i need to stir a water vat (33litres) constantly for 3 or 4 hours at a time. I have bought a stirrer off B&Q the ones used to stir paint and plaster etc. Now i need a motor to turn it that is powerful enough and slow enough (about

120rpm would be ok) and that will mount fairly easily on to the lid of the vat.

Can anyone think of some household motor i can scavenge for this application? Or any other ideas for a motor suitable?

Ta!

Steve

Reply to
Mr Sandman

have bought a stirrer off B&Q the ones used to stir

and slow enough (about 120rpm would be ok) and that

Or any other ideas for a motor suitable?

Windscreen wiper motor?

Reply to
Graham.

Cannibalise a cement mixer and turn it upside down over the vat.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Angle-grinder!

Reply to
Skipweasel

In message , Mr Sandman writes

The nearest thing I have is a close coupled motor/gearbox designed to prevent stratification. Scavenged from our old bulk milk tank.

Single phase, 4 pole motor, flange mounted, totally enclosed,1/8 HP and

42 rpm, bit slower than you suggest but surely you could fit a big s/s paddle. Rather heavy to sit on a plastic lid though.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Scrap spit motor from an electric cooker, if you can find one.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I presume a pump is out of the question?

NT

Reply to
Tabby

How much crystal meth are you hoping to make?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes its a bit slow...but 1/8hp is about right i think power wise.

Steve

In message , Mr Sandman writes

The nearest thing I have is a close coupled motor/gearbox designed to prevent stratification. Scavenged from our old bulk milk tank.

Single phase, 4 pole motor, flange mounted, totally enclosed,1/8 HP and

42 rpm, bit slower than you suggest but surely you could fit a big s/s paddle. Rather heavy to sit on a plastic lid though.

regards

Reply to
Mr Sandman

Bit too slow...

Steve

Scrap spit motor from an electric cooker, if you can find one.

Reply to
Mr Sandman

Find an industrial plant reclaim dealer and see if they have a small morstan mixer kicking about

Reply to
cynic

Do you want it to bottom stir or top stir?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

bottom stir.