Suggestion for Tile Shops

Hi All,

I have come to learn the B&Q are not the best shop for most things (duh!). For wood, I go to the timber yards, for hardware, screw-fix and other local firms.

But for Floor Tiles ... I am not sure where to go. Where do you get decent tiles at competitive prices?

I am Newcastle based.

Thanks!

Reply to
colin.eberhardt

wood, I go to the timber yards, for hardware, screw-fix and other local firms.

tiles at competitive prices?

you hit the internet and get searching.

Builders merchants or tile wholesalers.

Haggle on price.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

wood, I go to the timber yards, for hardware, screw-fix and other local firms.

tiles at competitive prices?

have NO connection with them, but their name simply sprung to mind.

Other tile merchants are available, as they say :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Reply to
colin.eberhardt

wood, I go to the timber yards, for hardware, screw-fix and other local firms.

tiles at competitive prices?

I'm just doing my bathroom and I found the tiles I wanted at a good price in B&Q (Farnborough), also looked in Wickes, Eurotile and Topps, plus a couple of others whos names escape me, but surprisingly B&Q were best. Just don't rely on their free delivery, even if it needs a few journeys in your own vehicle.

Reply to
Paul Herber

Seem to have a number of branches In Newcastle/Sunderland. Thanks, noted...

I have used a tile place not a million miles from B&Q Scotswood but can I remember their name? CIF! I seem to have purged the receipt as well...

ISTR it was down under Scotswood Bridge some where but I'm reasonably sure it wasn't Classic Tiles. My memory is telling northside of the river but the industrial estates there don't look big enough on google maps. B-(

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not Cif - that's the new nomenclature for Jif.. :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Uh? There are loads of "Tile Shops" and they usually have "tile" in the name and are often found in retail parks or other semi industrial places.

Tiles are a national chain and you've got one in Industry Road - depending how near/far that is from you.

For the internet, I have used:

been very pleased with them.

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

wood, I go to the timber yards, for hardware, screw-fix and other local firms.

tiles at competitive prices?

I recently went to Topps for tiles, and found that B&Q was cheaper for trim.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

For wood, I go to the timber yards, for hardware, screw-fix and other local firms.

tiles at competitive prices?

Topps tiles overcharge and have massive discounts for trade. I got a big discount on tub adhesive just by saying what I usually got it for on the internet (I wanted it quick). I was honest and included the postage !

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Personally they'll fall into the same category as B&Q and Homebase etc limited range carried for a limited period and never to be seen again. Also the cheapest they can get what they want made for.

Finding a proper, decent, tile place is very a kin to timber in B&Q etc and a proper timber merchants.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

on the internet (I wanted it quick). I was honest and included the postage !

Topps are generally quite flexible. Asking for discount is usually productive.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee