Suggestion for a new Wiki section

My ancient mil has just broken her upvc bedroom window lock and it no longer works.

I don't have a clue how window/door locks/mechanisms work and came to the wiki hoping there were basic instructions there.

If someone could do a simple article on the bits and how they work, cams and such, it would be very welcome. Now I have to start from basics with an investigative dismantle and hope I can work out how it works. I do not expect it will be too challenging but........

Also does anyone know a supplier of upvc windows spares in north Bristol, or as a last resort, someone that does repairs of this simple nature?

Cheers.

Reply to
Ericp

The handle complete with its keylock is replaceable. Held on with 2 screws. Cost about =A36 from any BM, eg screwfix.com or toolstation.com. If you lose the key, a small screwdriver will do.

Note that there might be some that dont fit this pattern for all I know.

NT

Reply to
Tabby