Sub Floor vent

I need to install under floor vents that are below outside ground level. I know you can get telescopic air bricks, but that will involve I assume removing a lot of bricks to get the riser bit in. I have seen in the past people do it with a soil pipe bend going through the wall, up the outside with a bend at the top and a grill. Is this ok or should I go with the more usual approach. Thanks

Reply to
Steve J

"should" implies some moral imperative.

Go back to first principles: What are you trying to achieve? Does a proposed solution achieve it? Is it minimal cost? Is it reasonably aesthetically pleasing? Are there any potential downsides?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Only one suspended floor remains in my old stone cottage, but for that there are "straight through" sub-floor vents that feed into brick "chimneys" that reach up to ground level, if you see what I mean. These don't have any sort of cover so they do fill up with leaves, but having internal dimensions about 8 x 4 inches they are relatively easy to clear out by hand.

Reply to
newshound