what switched you off a thread?

For me it is the "Senile;e" alert, what a waste of space!

On 25/11/2019 12:37, Broadback wrote:
Normally I enter / leave when it drifts into or out of an area where I am interested, or feel I have something of use to contribute. By the time it has degenerated[1] to political name calling, I go.
[1] and quite a few seem to start there.

I just filter out all of those...
--
Cheers,

John.
I am with you John, it is amazing how quick threads degenerate to political mudslinging or just general slanging off. I think the record is from a genuine DIY post to crap in about 5 posts. See if the trolls can pick up on this thread and do their worst!
Richard
On Monday, 25 November 2019 14:00:29 UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:

DIY is a disappearing skill these days. The snowflake generation doesn't want to get it's hands dirty.
On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 09:13:02 UTC, harry wrote:

ical mudslinging or just general slanging off. I think the record is from a genuine DIY post to crap in about 5 posts. See if the trolls can pick up o n this thread and do their worst!

I think you'll find the snowflake gen arenlt really allowed to. The homes being build are already decorated and furnished and then you only own a 50% share some are now 25% , and you arenlt allowed to make large ch anges when you live on the 10th floor of a block, you can't just knock a wa ll down.
Few can afford to buy a house without help from parents, which is why banks and building societies are coming out with special options where parents a re ropped in as guarentees for loans.
Also the sort of things that you probbaly did in the past can be bought now much cheapr than you can build, and there's few jobs needed for those skil ls. The workplace has changed and the skills needed have also changed.
On 02/12/2019 13:13, whisky-dave wrote:

Given the topic of this thread I had to smile - looking at six consecutive posts of whisky-dave apparently replying to himself (because like most, I have wodney filtered out).
--
Cheers,

John.
On Monday, 2 December 2019 16:17:57 UTC, John Rumm wrote:

If only you could filter out people rather than just their posts. :-D